We're excited to announce the FASD-CAN Annual Hui 2023!
* Links to registration are at the bottom of this page, but please read the information below first. *
The Hui will be held in Hamilton over the weekend of the 9/10 of September – an appropriate date, since September 9 is, of course, International FASD Awareness Day.
Saturday will be a full day from 9am-5pm, and Sunday just a half-day but both days have something for everyone – more info to come.
Last year's Hui was a wonderful mix of expert and lived-experience events and discussions which was was enjoyed by over 130 participants.
• The Hui is free to attend for caregivers and individuals with FASD
• Professionals are asked to pay a $60 fee
• You do not have to be a FASD-CAN member to attend our annual Hui.
We are working hard on the programme but it's already shaping up well, with some excellent speakers and events. We'll be posting a full, downloadable programme here asap. We'll keep you posted via our newsletters (join us to receive these), Facebook page and groups.
- We’ll be marking the 10th anniversary of FASD-CAN
- We'll update you on the latest FASD research in Aotearoa
- There’ll be a symposium on Mental Health and FASD, with a fantastic line up of NZ and international speakers
- We'll be shining a spotlight on FASD in the Waikato.
Coming from out of town?
Accommodation is available at the Distinction Hotel Hamilton at a reduced rate for our members.
You can call the hotel on 07 849 0860, or email at [email protected]
Quote the reference number #161945 to get the below rates.
• 'Room only' rate of $170 per room per night
... or have a hot buffet breakfast included for:
• $197 B&B for one person per night
• $224 B&B for two people per night
Check in time is 2pm, check out time is 10am.
Need help with travel costs?
If you are a FASD-CAN member and need help with costs to get to the Hui, a limited number of grants are now available.
We can help to cover your flights / fuel / accommodation and taxi fares. In your application, you'll need to give us a breakdown of what your projected costs will be – we may not be able to cover everything. Please only apply for funding if you need it.
If you have questions, or you need help with your application, or you need funding before you can make your travel and accommodation bookings, that's totally fine. Just get in touch directly with our friendly grants administrator Tracey via email or call on 021 123 7114.
If you're ready to go, click here to apply for a travel grant via our Whānau Direct 'Care in the Community' page.
Important note: if you are a member of FASD-CAN, please log in before you register – that way your information will be filled in automatically!
We have three different categories for registration:
• If you are a caregiver, parent or whānau of someone with FASD, please click here to register.
• If you have FASD yourself, please click here to register.
• If you are a professional working with those affected by FASD, please click here to register and pay for your ticket.
NOTE: If you are both caregiver AND professional – please register as caregiver.