UPDATE Wednesday September 20: applications for this role will close Friday 22 September at midnight.
FASD-CAN Inc is a national NGO and registered charity that advocates and delivers programmes to support whānau and individuals impacted by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (“FASD”). We offer remote working and some flexibility in hours and are looking for a leader for our small but stunning team of employees and contractors. We are at an exciting time in our development as an organisation and the work involves lots of variety.
The Chief Executive role is a permanent, 30-hour a week role with responsibility for managing the operational delivery of our programme of work. We are looking for an excellent multi-tasker who is open to new ideas and thrives on challenges. The CEO will report directly to the Board.
FASD-CAN has a Tiriti-based Board structure and excellent Māori leadership at Board level and the CEO needs to be someone can further develop relationships with our Māori stakeholders.
FASD-CAN is ambitious to achieve change for whānau impacted by FASD. We have good relationships in government, with other NGO’s and with our wider network and we want a CEO who can engage well with this network. Above all we want someone that will get great satisfaction from working to make a difference for thousands of people across Aotearoa.
- A passion for social justice and support for disadvantaged communities
- Experience leading an organisation to deliver a programme of work
- Comfortable leading a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Previous health or disability sector and/or NGO experience an advantage
- An understanding and acknowledgment of the importance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Te Ao Māori and te reo Māori
- A forward thinker who can see opportunities and threats and drive the organisation through a further growth phase
- Knowledgeable about FASD or able and committed to develop such knowledge
We would love to hear from you, so please:
• Click here to read / download a detailed job description
• Email [email protected] for further information, discussion and to apply
• If you have questions about the role please either call Janet Miller 027 415 5210 or email FASD-CAN Chair Leigh Henderson at [email protected]