Your GP or Lead Maternity Carer (midwife) will be a good source of information. If you are struggling to stop drinking, they may refer you to Child Development Services or Alcohol and Drug Services at your local DHB.
• The Alcohol and Drug Helpline has service directories and lots of helpful info – check the website or call 0800 787 797
• Alcohol Healthwatch Aotearoa has a downloadable panui/brochure on alcohol and pregnancy here.
• Actionpoint - Communities targeting alcohol harm
• More info here from the Te Whatu Ora's 'Amohia te Wiaora' alcohol site
• Every Moment Matters is an excellent Australian health campaign launched in 2022 on alcohol and pregnancy
• The National Organisation for FASD in the UK released an alcohol and pregnancy toolkit in June 2023 which includes an interactive e-learning course designed to help midwives and other maternity staff, as well as excellent information in a variety of formats (some interactive) on alcohol and FASD for women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. Click here to access the toolkit.