Where can I get more info about alcohol and pregnancy?


Your GP or Lead Maternity Carer (midwife) will be a good source of information. If you are struggling to stop drinking, they may refer you to Child Development Services or Alcohol and Drug Services at your local DHB.

The Alcohol and Drug Helpline has service directories and lots of helpful info – check the website or call 0800 787 797

• Alcohol Healthwatch Aotearoa has a downloadable panui/brochure on alcohol and pregnancy here.

• Actionpoint - Communities targeting alcohol harm

More info here from the Te Whatu Ora's 'Amohia te Wiaora' alcohol site

Every Moment Matters is an excellent Australian health campaign launched in 2022 on alcohol and pregnancy

• The National Organisation for FASD in the UK released an alcohol and pregnancy toolkit in June 2023 which includes an interactive e-learning course designed to help midwives and other maternity staff, as well as excellent information in a variety of formats (some interactive) on alcohol and FASD for women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. Click here to access the toolkit.